II. DEVELOPMENT GOALS
1. General objectives:
- Rapid and sustainable socio-economic development, with a focus on the quality of growth, the competitiveness of the economy, the province's economic striving to rank well in the Mekong River Delta region and to have a good taste. location is the gateway of the Region.
- Synchronous development of infrastructure system, especially transport infrastructure; step by step make steady and fundamental advances in agricultural development and new rural construction; diversify industrial products, first of all industrial products for agricultural production; pay attention to investment in trade and service infrastructure, creating favorable conditions for tourism to develop rapidly after 2015; enhance the quality of human resources associated with job creation, gradually improve the lives of people; promote international economic integration
2. Specific objectives:
a) Regarding economy:
- Strive to achieve an economic growth rate of 13.0% per annum in the 2011-2015 period and 12.4% per annum in the 2016-2020 period; GDP per capita will reach over USD 1,500 in 2015 and over USD 2,900 by 2020.
- Economic structure shifted towards increasing the proportion of industry, construction, services and reducing the proportion of agriculture. By 2015, the structure of agriculture - industry, construction - services will be 37.0% - 30.0% - 33.0%; by 2020, it will be 28.5% - 36.5% - 35.0%.
- Export turnover will reach 650 million USD in 2015 and 1,350 million USD in 2020, an average increase of 11.7% / year, of which direct export turnover across the border accounts for about 10%. The budget revenue in the area reaches 9% - 11% of GDP / year and the average growth rate of budget revenue increases by 12% / year. Annual social investment capital mobilization is about 29% - 31% / GDP; by 2020, the road density of cars will reach 1.0 - 1.3 km / km².
To strive to achieve an average annual growth rate of 6.0% in the 2011-2020 period; internal structure of agriculture - forestry - fishery reached 61.6% - 0.9% - 37.5% in 2015 and by 2020 the corresponding ratio will be 56.7% - 1.1% - 42, 2%, of which:
- Agriculture: To stabilize the rice cultivation area of around 195,000 ha, forming concentrated rice-producing areas; developing systems of cultivating vegetables and industrial plants on the islet and along the banks of the Tien and Hau rivers; develop garden economy with a scale of about 28,600 ha under cultivation, focusing on the province's strong products, exploiting the garden economic potential; step by step approach and strive to reach the standards of some types of agricultural products; renovating trade village production methods combined with hi-tech farming techniques for ornamental flower production in Sa Dec, proceeding to form a hi-tech agricultural zone in Sa Dec town (specialized in ornamental flowers) and Cao Lanh City (specialized in plant and animal breeds).
- Striving for the rate of technological innovation in the whole society to reach 17% - 21% / year. By 2020, science and technology career units will shift to science and technology enterprises, encouraging the development of medium-scale science and technology enterprises in the private sector.
- Raising awareness and associating responsibilities of all levels, sectors, organizations, enterprises, owners of production establishments, individuals and communities to protect the environment. Strengthening environmental management, pollution treatment, prevention of environmental incidents in urban areas, industrial clusters, production establishments, trade villages, aquaculture areas, slaughterhouses cattle - poultry, populated areas and lines. Reasonable exploitation of natural resources and biodiversity conservation; integrate environmental protection principles in urban infrastructure construction planning.